Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Week 3 CSC148 Blog

This week in the lectures, I started to learn more about Object-Oriented Programming and Inheritance. I enjoyed the new concepts learned this week such as raising exceptions and inheritance. I am not satisfied with my understanding of it just yet but I hope in the coming weeks that I will be able to understand it more and learn how to implement it in the right situations. Coming off CSC108, I'm very interested in learning more about Computer Science and programming this semester. Since it is still fairly early in the semester and not long since Winter Break, I think that I am still adjusting to being back in class and trying to recall what I did in CSC108. I believe the labs this week and last week were very helpful into helping me adjust and get back on track with programming because for most of winter break, I did not do anything related to Computer Science. Now that I am getting back on track with things, I am looking forward to having a great semester and I hope that by the end of the semester, I become a better programmer. My biggest goal for this semester is to gain more knowledge and I think a big area that I need to improve on is my abilities to understand situations and analyse problems better. I think that a weakness that I had before was sometimes I didn't understand certain problems and I constantly got stuck because I couldn't analyse and break down what I had to do, or I knew what I needed to do but couldn't type out the proper code. I found that I was able to solve problems simply because of my memory of similar problems that I have solved before, and therefore although the codes I typed out were right, they were just from memory. This semester I want to improve so that I don't have to rely on my memory as much and just rely on my abilities to analyse problems. Overall, my goal is to have a better grasp of the material and further my understanding of methods, classes, and objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment