Thursday, 20 February 2014

CSC148 Week 6

Week 6 of CSC148 lectures was an interesting week for me. Week 6 introduced a new concept--at least to me--about how to think like a computer scientists, using the concept of a tree as an analogy to computer scientists. On the surface, this new concept to me seemed simple to understand, especially during lectures when Professor was going over it. However, upon doing the readings on it myself, I found that it was a little bit more complicated than I initially imagined. The analogy of the tree does make sense to me but applying it to code is a little bit confusing. A lot of times in this course, I have found that I have a hard time applying my understanding of concepts that I have learned in class to my own approach in programming. For example, while working on assignment 1, I somewhat understood what I had to do but I couldn't write it in code and needed my partner's help. I think that all of this is a learning experience for me and I hope I can use the reading week as a time to grasp and understand the course material better. As I prepare myself for the CSC148 midterm, I plan to review the labs that we have done and re-read the readings. I hope that by the time the test comes around that I will be prepared for it. For me, the biggest challenge is to be able to take my understandings of each specific problem and apply it into written code. In conclusion, week 6 was a useful week and I hope that by the time we return from reading week that I will have a much deeper understanding of the course material so far. The reading week will definitely be able to help me with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment