Sunday, 30 March 2014
CSC148 Week 10
A good portion of my week during week 10 of CSC148 was spent working on Assignment 2 Part 2. For my group, I was mostly working on the docstrings and the is_regex function. Although Danny explained in class a certain way to do an is_regex function, I didn't quite understand it. My partners and I worked on an alternate way of doing it without recursion and it worked from the results we saw, however this took a lot of time and effort compared to the amount of time we would've spent if we had figured the recursion out. Our algorithm was a for loop checking every character in the string, checking if the characters next to it were valid characters. Since there were so many possibilities, this took a lot of testing and the code turned out to be very long. Although the purpose of the function worked, I am a little disappointed since I wanted to make it work using recursion, but wasn't able to. It's already almost the end of the semester and I am really starting to get worried about my programming skills, especially with recursion and trees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment